Study mode and duration time: full-time (4 years)
Study programme is carried out: Panevėžys University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Technology Sciences
Degree and professional qualification: Professional Bachelor of Engineering Sciences
Volume of the study programme in credits: 180 ECTS credit
Objective(s) of the study programme: To train professionals having attained sufficient knowledge and skills needed to organize and technically manage road construction and repair work according to the qualification, develop common road and road structure designs, apply optimal and safe work methods, make independent decisions, organize and control the activities of individual departments and the quality of work, moreover, to train professionals who could successfully work in the environment of a competitive market, were of high calibre and able to maintain their competence through lifelong learning.
|Professional Foreign Language
||Professional Language Culture
Professional Ethics (A1)
|Study Fields Subjects
Building and Road Construction Materials
Environment, Human and Fire Prevention Security;
Road Construction Technologies.
Road Construction Technologies;
Road Construction Organization.
Engineering Traffic Safety Measures;
Automated Design and BIM; Road Building Machinery;
||GB Structural Calculations;
Economics, Standardization and Estimates;
|College Established and Optional Subjects
||Urban Planning (A2);
Sustainable Urban Development (A2)
Students are allowed to select general optional college study subjects which have been foreseen by the Director‘s order (OS1, OS2) as well as alternatively selected optional subjects provided by the committee of the study programme
||Management Basics (A4);
Project Management (A4);
||Road Maintenance and Management (A3);
Road Repair Technologies (A3).
Law Basics (A5) Construction Law; (A5)
Access to Professional activity
Having completed the road engineering study programme course, graduates acquire competences to work in the industry of road construction engineering: they are able to plan, organize and technically manage road construction, reconstruction and repair work; design roads, urban streets, bridges and other transport structures; carry out the maintenance and construction of transport infrastructure objects; perform estimate calculations and geodesy measurements, moreover, graduates are able to set up their business; design plans for a business subdivision or economy activities; perform economic analysis of the business environment, finally, the personality of creative thinking, being able to work in a team or make responsible decisions has been educated in the College.
The objective of the Study Programme
To train professionals having attained sufficient knowledge and skills needed to organize and technically manage road construction and repair work according to the qualification, develop common road and road structure designs, apply optimal and safe work methods, make independent decisions, organize and control the activities of individual departments and the quality of work, moreover, to train professionals who could successfully work in the environment of a competitive market, were of high calibre and able to maintain their competence through lifelong learning.
1. Will find the necessary professional, scientific and engineering information using databases and other information sources;
2. Will apply laboratory equipment and devices to carry out building materials and structural research;
3. Will apply the attained knowledge and skills to tackle construction engineering study field problems while applying the relevant analytical and simulation methods;
4. Will follow the international, European and Lithuanian technical regulations, legal and standard document requirements for the road design and construction; is aware of the legal base structure;
5. Can develop road, street or common road structure, repair and reconstruction designs;
6. Will be able to combine theoretical and applied knowledge selecting the rational road and road construction and repair technologies as well as the relevant building materials for the construction of roads;
7. Will prepare the road and road construction documentation; what is more, the graduate can manage the execution of the road construction work;
8. Will organize and carry out the preparation of an engineering site, road and road structure construction and reconstruction, road maintenance work as well as prepare the documentation of estimates and will organize the company activities;
9. Can understand ethical, environmental and commercial considerations of engineering activities and can make engineering decisions regarding the aspects of sustainable use of natural resources and traffic safety;
10. Can solve engineering problems individually or in a team;
11. Will cooperate with engineering communities and general public, will understand the impact of engineering solutions on the public and environment;
12. Will comply with professional ethics and standards of engineering activities and realize the responsibility for the performance of engineering. Finally, will perceive the significance of lifelong learning and will be read for this.