Computer network administration
Study mode and duration time: full-time (3 years)
Study programme is carried out: Panevėžys University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Technology Sciences
Degree and professional qualification: Professional Bachelor of Informatics
Volume of the study programme in credits: 180 ECTS credit
Objective(s) of the study programme:
To train professionals of informatics engineering being able to design, implement and administer computer networks in companies and organizations, to service servers, to organize the engineering operations.
|1 Course||2 Course||3 Course|
|Professional Language Culture
Essentials of Entrepreneurship
|Professional Foreign Language
Professional Ethics (A1)
|Practical Informatics, Operating systems, Physics, Electrotechnics, Applied Mathematics Module, Programming Module, Computer Architecture and Organization, Electronics, Ergonomics and Work Safety||Databases and Information Systems, Embedded Systems, Computer Networks, Internet Technologies, Programming for Mobile Devices, Computer Aided Design, Technologies of Cloud Computing||Local and Wide Area Networks, Management of Servers, Business Economy, Internet of the Things, Smart Control Systems, Informatics Law, Software Systems Engineering, Computer Network Security and Control, Applied Research, Software Defined Networks, Cellular Networks|
|College Established and Optional Subjects|
|Students are allowed to select general optional college study subjects which have been foreseen by the Director‘s order (OS1, OS2) as well as alternatively selected optional subjects provided by the committee of the study programme|
|Technological Practice, Computer Network Administration Practice||Profession Practice, Final Practice|
Access to Professional activity Computer network administration study programme students acquire competences to work as computer network and systems administrators, IT engineers and programmers in the companies, organizations and offices which use computer network technologies and computer hardware.
Objective(s) of the study programme: to train professionals of informatics engineering being able to design, implement and administer computer networks in companies and organizations, to service servers, to organize the engineering operations.
Opportunities for international studies: students of the programme have the opportunity to study according to the ERASMUS student exchange program.
- Know the main concepts and statements of informatics science engineering and gain general knowledge of fundamental sciences, can think analytically, can formulate tasks, model and apply this knowledge to solve engineering problems and understand the business environment of enterprises and organizations.
- Can use databases and other sources of scientific and engineering information, find and analyse professional information, organize and carry out engineering research, process and apply the results of the research in the design and implementation of new engineering systems.
- Can analyse the principles of organization of digital computer and communication systems, their structure and functioning, model and design computer networks according to the defined requirements and current standards.
- Can design, test and develop computer application programs, smart and real-time equipment control software, as well as special software.
- Can install, administer, upgrade and control computer systems, servers, computer network device operating systems, also diagnose and remove software and hardware failures, upgrade and control computer systems, apply innovative work organization methods and safe work standards.
- Apply technical and organizational information security measures for data transmission on computer networks, ensure the security, accessibility, integrity and confidentiality of electronic data.
- Can work individually and in a team, solve engineering problems, adhere to the norms of professional ethics and engineering, understand the responsibility for the results of engineering activities, receive and convey information in the correct Lithuanian language and in one of the foreign languages.
- Acquire the necessary learning and practical skills to continue the studies, understand the importance of individual lifelong learning and professional development.