Recognition of academic qualifications obtained abroad
Panevėžio kolegija/State Higher Education Institution (hereinafter – the Institution) according to March 6, 2023 V-256 of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania carries out the academic recognition of education and qualifications related to higher education and acquired according to educational programs of foreign states and international organizations. Academic recognition in the Institution is carried out by the Study, Career and Employment Center. Academic recognition of a foreign qualification does not mean admission to the Institution.
Documents for assessment of academic qualification
Academic recognition of foreign qualifications in the Institution is integral and an integrated part of the admission process, therefore apply separately for academic recognition is no need. An applicant submits one application (by filling out the online registration form https://panko.lt/en/english-application-procedure-for-the-citizens-of-ukraine), which indicates information about acquired qualifications, desired study program(s), foreign language and other competencies, work experience. The application must be accompanied by scanned copies of high-resolution documents only:
- Scanned copies of document certifying foreign qualification (certificate, diploma) and its supplement(s). If the documents are not issued in English, a notarized copy of the educational document(s) (certificate, diploma) and its supplement(s) must also be submitted in English translation(s).
- Scanned copy of identity document (passport or identity card).
- Document(s) certifying change of name and/or surname, if education documents issued under a different name and/or surname.
- Other supporting documents (if any) required for objective assessment of obtained qualifications by the applicant, explaining other qualifications obtained or submitted educational documents.
- The qualification evaluator reserves the right to request the applicant for additional documents necessary for a qualified assessment and recognition of qualification procedures. In case of suspicion regarding the authenticity of submitted documents, the qualification evaluator has the right to request the original documents.
Admission of decision on academic recognition of qualification acquired abroad
The qualification obtained abroad is recognized as equivalent to the one provided in the Republic of Lithuania for secondary education, unless substantial differences between that country, in which the qualification was obtained, and the general requirements of the Republic of Lithuania can be indicated. The decision regarding the recognition of foreign qualifications is accepted only with sufficient information and based only on official and reliable documents. The qualification evaluator who has done evaluation of foreign qualifications, makes one of the following decisions regarding the academic recognition:
- To recognize secondary education obtained abroad.
- To recognize the secondary education obtained abroad by granting the qualification to the holder the right to enrol only in study programs of a certain direction (groups of directions).
- To recognize secondary education obtained abroad only together with additional requirements (exam(s), additional courses, etc.) that the qualification holder will have to fulfill.
- Do not recognize foreign qualifications.
Appeal of the accepted academic recognition
An applicant who disagrees with the Institution’s decision regarding an academic recognition of foreign qualification, may within 14 calendar days of receiving the decision submit an appeal to the SKVC drawn up Education and qualifications related to higher education and acquired according to the education of foreign states and programs of international education organizations to the recognition, to appeal commission, operating under SKVC with the Ministry of Education Science and regulations of this commission agreed and approved.