We understand non-formal education as a purposeful educative activity, which helps a person to become a conscious personality, capable of solving problems responsibly and creatively, and being active in their community.
As provided in Handbook for people working with youth groups, Non-formal education aims to:
- Develop a conscious personality, which is able to responsibly and creatively solve own problems and the problems of community
- Develop a person’s ability to blend ideas with knowledge and skills and produce creative actions in the ever-changing environment
- Enhance access to holistic education for a greatest possible number of the educated through variety of methodologies, means and conveyors
Republic of Lithuania Law on Education defines non formal education as – Education according to a variety of programmes geared to satisfy education needs, provide in-service training and acquire an additional competence, with the exception of formal education programmes.
Panevėžio kolegija/State Higher Education Institution promotes non-formal adult education through various general and professional competence development programmes, courses and events. All of the courses are confirmed by Panevėžio kolegija/State Higher Education Institution Certificates.
We are open for international non-formal education programs and cooperation proposals. Non-formal education activities are coordinated by Department of Applied Science Research and Non-formal Education which is responsible for applied research development and non-formal education activities coordination.
Main functions of the Department are as follows:
- Preparation of applied research and consultation activity strategies and programmes, coordination of implementation
- Coordination of Applied science activities in Academic Divisions
- National and international cooperation with various levels of institutions in applied research and non-formal education fields
- Planning, organization and control of non-formal adult education activities in Panevėžio kolegija/State Higher Education Institution