Development and maintenance of information systems
Study mode and duration time: full-time (3 years), online (3 years)
Study programme is carried out: Panevėžys University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Technology Sciences
Degree and professional qualification: Professional Bachelor of Informatics
Volume of the study programme in credits: 180 ECTS credit
Objective(s) of the study programme:
To equip professionals of information systems being able to analyse the information needs of enterprises and organizations, to plan, design, program, implement, update and maintain information systems.
|I Course||II Course||III Course|
|Professional Language Culture
Professional Foreign Language
Essentials of Entrepreneurship
Professional Ethics (A1)
|Study Fields Subjects|
Applied Mathematics Module
Information Technology Infrastructure Module
Databases and Information Systems
Business Process Modelling
Business Management and Geographical Information Systems Module
Data Structures and Algorithms
Information System Engineering and Project Management Module,
Security of Information Systems
|Development of Information Systems in Frames
Programming for Mobile Devices
The Development of Soa-based Information Systems
|College Established and Optional Subjects|
|Students are allowed to select general optional college study subjects which have been foreseen by the Director‘s order (OS1, OS2) as well as alternatively selected optional subjects provided by the committee of the study programme||Information Systems Graphical User Interface (A2)
Multimedia and Computer Design (A2)
Data Storage and Business Data Analysis (A3)
Data Mining (A3)
Information Systems Audit and Evaluation (A4)
Management of Information Security and Risk Control (A4)
|Web Based Information Systems User Interface Programming||Web Based Systems Control
|Development of Web Based Information Systems and Applications
Access to Professional activity
Students in the programme of the Development and Maintenance of Information Systems are trained the technologies of modern programming, databases, development of information systems. Graduates attain competences to apply best practices of information systems design, programming, IT service management, to develop and update information systems in team, to carry out maintenance of information systems.
Having completed studies, IT professionals are able to work in the field of development and maintenance of information systems. They are able to execute information systems planning, design, installation and maintenance of information systems in various companies and organizations.
The objective of the Study Programme is to equip professionals of information systems being able to analyse the information needs of enterprises and organizations, to plan, design, program, implement, update and maintain information systems.
Opportunities for international studies: students of the programme have the opportunity to study according to the ERASMUS student exchange program.
- Awareness of comprehensive knowledge, that are required to understand the essentials of computer science and the business environment and the processes of enterprises and organizations, ability to apply them in analysing and specifying business needs.
- Acquisition of the knowledge of the infrastructure of information technology, data structures, algorithms, methods and technology of programming and the development processes of information system, ability to apply them in creation and improvement of information systems.
- Application of different research methods while solving the problems of information systems, processing research outcomes, presenting practical conclusions and substantiating the decisions of updating the information systems of enterprises and organizations.
- Ability to conduct the analysis of the goals and needs for the information systems of enterprises and organizations, to formulate requirements and solutions for the development and updating of information systems.
- Ability to design the architecture of information systems, their individual components and databases.
- Ability to program, test, update and integrate information systems.
- Ability to install, debug and maintain information systems, their hardware and software, apply security measures for the infrastructure of information technology and systems.
- Ability to plan and manage the projects of design, implementation and updating of information systems, use different teamwork methods and evaluate the compliance of the information systems with modern requirements.
- Ability to solve information system problems individually or in a team, present solutions in writing and orally in Lithuanian or at least one of foreign languages.
- Ability to attain the necessary learning and practical skills to continue studies and develop professionally.