Study mode and duration time: full-time (3 years), past-time (4 years)
Study programme is carried out: Panevėžys University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Technology Sciences
Degree and professional qualification: Professional Bachelor of Engineering Sciences
Volume of the study programme in credits: 180 ECTS credit
Objective(s) of the study programme:
To equip professionals having attained sufficient knowledge and skills to organize and technically manage construction and repair work in accordance with their qualification, being able to apply optimal and safe construction work methods, make independent decisions, inspect unit activities, work quality and act successfully in competitive market conditions, supporting professional competence in lifelong learning.
Professional Foreign Language; Professional Language Culture; Professional Ethics; Social Sciences; Philosophy, Entrepreneurship Basics; Chemistry; Building Materials; Applied Mathematics; Engineering Drawing; Computer Aided Design; Applied Physics; Geodesy; Law; Applied Research; Applied Mechanics; Geoengineering; Building Structures; Module of Architectural History and Sustainable Urbanism; Environment and Human Safety; Construction Technologies; Construction Calculations; Building Economics, Rationing and Estimates; Construction Organization; Digital Building Simulation; Building Maintenance and Management; Building Repair Technology; Construction Project Management; Construction Management; Building Engineering Systems; Energy Efficiency of Engineering Systems; Law Basics; Construction Law; Optional Subjects (OS1, OS2).
Cognitive, Geodesy, Technological, Industrial, Construction design and Final Practices.
- Ability to apply fundamental, humanitarian and social sciences in the field of construction engineering.
- Ability to understand and be aware of the most important concepts of construction engineering, fundamental regulating principles of construction and apply them in practice.
- Ability to apply international, European and Lithuanian technical and legal documents for building design and construction.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate the problems associated with construction activities and use innovative analytical and modelling methods which determine the balance of costs, benefits, safety, quality, reliability, suitability for use and environmental impact.
- Ability to develop the structural part of building projects, using the relevant software, taking into account the construction environment, aesthetic and architectural aspects, are also aware of the processes of implementation and management of construction projects.
- Ability to select and adapt design and calculation schemes in accordance with the proposed operating conditions, while designing, apply the principles of static information modelling.
- Ability to find the necessary professional, scientific and engineering information using relevant databases and other sources of information, interpret data while solving problems of innovation in the field of construction.
- Ability to apply the laboratory equipment and devices to research building materials and constructions, to measure technical characteristics, process data and draw conclusions.
- Ability to select rational technologies of building construction, repair work and engineering systems, perform engineering activities taking into account the aspects of energy saving, safety and human impact.
- Ability to manage the execution of specific construction work, prepare documents of estimates, organize construction company activities, evaluate the ethics of engineering activities as well as environmental protection, work safety and commercial circumstances.
- Ability to solve engineering problems individually and in a team, evaluate engineering decisions and their impact on the society and environment in an ethical, social and economic point of view, socialize with the community and general public, assume responsibility for the outcomes of engineering activities.
- Understands the significance of lifelong learning; attains independent learning skills and strives for professional development.
Access to Professional activity
The acquired professional bachelor‘s degree in engineering entitles working as job managers, designers, construction managers and technologists in construction and design companies, self-governing institutions or set up their private business.