Innovative, active and attractive to Lithuanian and foreign students higher school, recognized as leading in entrepreneurship development, mobilizing society and economic operators in creation of studies, business and science synergies for Panevėžys region and national progress.
Implement higher education studies based on science and practice knowledge, providing students with modern competences with economic and social value in smart society and determining successful professional career. Mobilize regional potential for lifelong learning principles and applied research activities implementation.
Goals of activity
- Implement studies providing higher college education and higher qualification meeting Lithuanian State, public and economy needs, level of science and modern technology.
- Develop regional relevant applied scientific research, consult local authorities and economy operators;
- Provide conditions for acquired knowledge and skills development;
- Educate open for education and culture society able to work in rapidly changing technological conditions.
- In 2017 Panevėžys University of Applied Sciences celebrates its 15th anniversary.
- The number of students in the academic year 2018-2019 amounts to 1400.
- Teaching and non-teaching staff over 200.
- 3 Faculties:
- Faculty of Biomedical Sciences;
- Faculty of Social Sciences;
- Faculty of Technology.
- There are 23 bachelor’s study programmes.
- 2 Business Practical Training Firms.
- University has more than 280 social partners.
- Over 50 ERASMUS bilateral agreements with universities and companies.
There are 3 centres: Centre of studies, carrier and students occupation; Information technology centre and Practical training centre. There are general departments such as: Department of applied researches and non-formal education; Department of international relations, marketing and projects; Economy management and welfare department; Department of human resources and documents management; Department of accountancy. The purpose of these departments is to ensure the optimal conditions to execute studies. The University library provides good facilities and services such as: the online and silent reading rooms. The University structure is favourable for the study process and scientific applied activities, the functions among the departments are properly apportioned, the foreseen cooperation channels function as well.
COOPERATION. MEMBERSHIP. AWARDS
- Since 2004 the University is a member of the Panevėžys Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts.
- Since 2011 – the member of the United Nations Global Compact (Global Compact) Network.
- Implements Fair High School Declaration, signed between the Lithuanian Union of Student Representatives and the University Student Representation.
- Since 2012 the University is a member of BMDA (Baltic Management Development Association).
- Since 2013 — the member of Hanse Parliament Baltic Sea Academy.
- In 2012-2014 the University has been awarded as „Business partnership Leader 2012“.
- In 2013 the Director of the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education has accredited Panevėžys University of Applied sciences for 6 years period (possible maximum).
- Since 2014 the University is a member of Lithuanian Quality Management and Innovation Association.
- In 2016 the quality management system has been successfully certified according ISO 9001 requirements.
- Since 2016 the University became the member of Lithuanian Electricity Association.
- Since 2017 the University became the member of INFOBALT and LieDM consortium.
- Since 2018 the University became the member of the China – Central and Eastern Europe Vocational Education League’s.
- Since 2019 the University became the member of Lithuanian construction association